Geophysical Advances: Case Studies and New Techniques
KEGS has made the decision to hold its annual symposium as a fully virtual event, to be held in March, 2021.
The theme of this year's conference is "Geophysical Advances: Case Studies and New Techniques". The symposium will feature case studies in which geophysical acquisition techniques or processing algorithms were used to help solve a problem. Whether it is related to mining, exploration, environmental monitoring, hydrological studies, or geotechnical applications, all topics are welcome. KEGS is also soliciting talks related to new acquisition methods or systems and new processing techniques that have proved successful based upon field tests and modelling.
NEW FOR 2021
New next year will be two on-demand video sections: a “Student Showcase” and “Industry, Government & Research Center Updates” Both will feature 5 minute/10 slide pre-recorded videos that may be accessed at anytime.
- The Student Showcase will serve as an opportunity for post secondary students to present their thesis work to the geophysical community. It is open to all students studying or making use of geophysical techniques in their field of study.
- The Industry, Government & Research Center Updates will showcase topics that range from short case studies, new R&D initiatives, and overviews of companies’ services.
KEGS 2021 will be a fully virtual event. KEGS has made this decision in light of the ongoing uncertainties due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Our main goal is to prioritize the health and safety of our members and our communities. Our virtual conference will be delivered using GoToWebinar. Participants will be able to communicate and interact with panelists and other participants that are online during the event.
The schedule of the 2021 symposium has been extended over 4-days, as sessions with breaks and time blocks to ensure international engagement. Each session has a different theme:
DATES & TIMES
The virtual symposium will take place over the following dates and times:
- Session 1 - New Developments: 16 Mar 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Time
- Session 2 - Data Integration & Environmental Applications: 18 Mar 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Time
- Session 3 - Best of EAGE-NSEG : 23 Mar 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Time
- Session 4 - Case Histories: 25 Mar 2021, 11:00 AM - 12:30 PM Eastern Time
Your registration will allow you to attend all 4 sessions.