KEGS and the KEGS Foundation support, nurture and promote geophysics at university, governmental and industry levels, in a spirit of kinship and openness for scientific advancement.
Whether you have been a previous member, or are signing up for the first time, KEGS depends on your support, your energy and your ideas, as members and as participants in our activities. Here are some of the many contributions KEGS provides:
- • Very popular annual themed Geophysics Symposium, prior to the PDAC conference in Toronto
- • Organizing and sponsoring the yearly Killeen Article on geophysics activity.
- • Maintaining an excellent roster of monthly speakers in Toronto.
- • KEGS Breakfasts in Vancouver, Toronto and Quebec annually, with invited speakers.
- • Relationships with other geoscientific societies such as BCGS, SEG and Quebec.
- • Support and promotion of Canadian, North American and worldwide geophysics events, including PDAC, Joint AGU-CGU-2009, CIM, CSEG, ASEG and SEG conferences, Exploration '07,
- • Supporting and promoting KEGS-Ottawa geophysical talks.
- • Building a stronger relationship with the KEGS Foundation, with substantial donations for geophysics scholarship recipients, and promoting student participation at our monthly meetings and activities.
- • Email publication of the KEGS monthly bulletin containing timely and important information (reaching more than 900 geoscientists worldwide).
KEGS also provides a number of social events to keep you in contact with your colleagues:
- • KEGS Christmas Party in December
- • KEGS Golf Tournament in June
- • KEGS/CGI Annual BBQ and pool party in July (available free to all members and family)
All of this is made possible through your yearly KEGS membership dues and support. Please visit our membership page and join in our efforts.