KEGS and the KEGS Foundation play an important role in supporting, nurturing and promoting geophysics, at university, governmental and industry levels, in a spirit of kinship and openness for scientific advancement, making KEGS and the KEGS Foundation important endeavors worthy of our support. And indeed we need your support, both as members and as participants in our activities:
Whether you have been a previous member, or are signing up for the first time, the continual growth depends on your support, your energy and your ideas. Here are examples of the many contributions KEGS has continued to provide in the past year:
- Increased relationships with other geophysics societies across Canada, namely in BC and Quebec.
- Support and promotion of Canadian, North-American and worldwide geophysics events, such as at PDAC, Joint AGU-CGU-2009, CIM, CSEG, ASEG and SEG conferences, as well as the yearly Killeen Article on geophysics activity.
- Promoting inaugural season of KEGS-Ottawa geophysical talks.
- Building a stronger relationship with the KEGS Foundation, with substantial donations for geophysics scholarship recipients, and promoting of student participation at our monthly meetings and activities.
- Email publication of the KEGS monthly bulletin containing timely and important information (reaching more than 800 geoscientists worldwide).
- Updating/revamping of the KEGS website.
- Maintaining an excellent roster of monthly speakers, with dates deviating from the normal 2nd Tuesday of every month in order to accommodate world-class speakers passing though Toronto.
- Presenting this year mini symposium to be held prior to Kegs-Xmas party, in December.
KEGS has also maintained a number of social and educational events to keep you in contact with your colleagues:
- KEGS Christmas Party at the University of Toronto Faculty Club on December 1st, 2009
- KEGS PDAC Breakfast (available to members who confirm attendance)
- KEGS/BCGS Roundup and KEGS-Quebec Breakfast (alternative to members who canít participate at PDAC)
- KEGS PDAC Symposium (Saturday prior to the PDAC)
- KEGS Golf Tournament in June
- KEGS/CGI Annual BBQ and pool party in July (available free to all members and family)
All of this is made possible through your yearly $55 KEGS membership dues and support. Please visit our membership page and join in our efforts.